Product Code : Karanja Oil
Karanja tree (Pongamia glabra) is wonderful tree almost like neem tree. In south part of the Indian peninsula the Karanja Oil/ cake are also used same like neem oil and neem cake. This Can be considered same like neem oil and neem cake in pest and fertilizer management in organically.Pongamia pinnata (Karanja), grows extensively across India. The seed oil has been used by the natives of India forhundreds of years. It is used in Ayuvedic and Siddha traditional medicine systems to treat various skin conditions fromeczema and psoriasis to leprosy, and for skin protection, as it is believed to enhance the UV absorbing properties ofconventional sunscreens. A paste made of Karanja and lime is used to relieve rheumatic pain, and Karanja infused baths are used for cleaning skin ulcers and sores.Properties and Uses:
Karanja Cake as Fertilizer :
- We have found the aqueous extracts of different parts of Karanj as promising natural herbicide
- It suppresses the germination of many obnoxious weeds
- We have also noted the stimulatory allelopathic effects of Karanj extracts on germination and initial growth of
- many agricultural crops Karanj seeds yield bitter, non-edible (24-40%) oil with odd odour
- This oil possesses insecticidal properties
- The scientists have isolated Karanjin from seed oil and according to them; it is responsible for its action
- The oil is also used as medicinal oil, both internally and externally
- The cake after oil extraction may be used as a manure
- The presence of a hypotensive principle and a substance producing uterine contraction has been reported.
- Karanja oil, like Neem oil, has been widely used for pesticidal, insecticidal, nematicidal and bactericidal activity.
- Karanja Oil is an excellent pesticide which controls the Nematodes like Organic Neem Oil and we provide the oil with minimum karanjan content as > 20,000 ppm
- We can use for folier spray by adding suitable orgaic emulsifier (we recommend Diko Soapnut Powder) with the Karanja Oil.
Specification for Karanja Cake :
- The cake left after extraction of oil from Karanja, is excellent organic manure with insect controlling properties
- Our Karanja Cake having minimum karanjan content of 1800 ppm and provides the crop with essential nutrients, while significantly reducing the number of soil insects and nematodes
|S No.||N||P2O5||K20||S||Oil Content|